Sunday 5 June 2011

How very Soigné! - Shoes


Much of this blog will be dedicated to Shoes, and beneath I give you all an insight into why that is...
ShoesAn item of great significance to a large global population of people. More specifically, the term is used by women, referring to items that they gladly, willingly and expensively add to their person. Reasons for such will be explained below... 


As I look at my bookshelf which gives home to eleven pairs of gorgeous high heel shoes, boots and wedges, a sudden, possibly life-altering question, edges its way into my mind. Why is it that I love shoes? Surely many women around the world have asked themselves this same question –Shoes look lovely and come in many different shapes and sizes, but why is there a need to have so many pairs? Variety is good yes, but do I really need a total of 15 different pairs of shoes (excluding my running shoes) to feel contented? We all, as women, justify our lavish shoe purchases by saying that they are an investment, they define our calve muscles, make us taller, our bottoms look and seem smaller, and they are the perfect accompaniment to a suave handbag and a Little Black Dress. 


It would seem a good idea that I, and all other women alike who have a love of footwear, should contemplate why we love these oddly shaped objects so much, and why we insist on spending our dollars on something that we’ve already stocked our closets with. 



The Soigné Answer: Shoes, I think, have become more than just an attempt at a couple more inches – shoes have become much more than that, they have become an object that we associate with womanhood. I remember being a young teenage girl just waiting until I could have my own pair of four-inch stunners (like the big girls were wearing). We all, as women, revel in the activities of putting on a stunning and soigné outfit and going out, looking like beautiful, independent and powerful women. Shoes make us strut better (I mean strut, shoes do not necessarily making walking better or easier), we’re more confident, feel more powerful, feel more wonderful and delectable, we feel like women; more elevated and escalated versions of ourselves. They say who we are, and for that reason, they continue to be justifiable purchases...so in advance, I apologise to my money, that I will happily give a way for a pair of absolutely amazing shoes.


How Very Soigné! 

xox


Shoe One: Python Suede Metal Kid Wedges by Diego Dolcini from http://www.luisaviaroma.com/
Shoe Two: YSL Tribute Mary-Jane Pump
Shoe Three: Miu Miu Teacup Mary-Janes

No comments:

Post a Comment