Tuesday 21 May 2013

Style Profile: Audrey Tautou






I decided to watch one of my all-time favourite films Hor de Prix, in English, “Priceless” with Audrey Tautou and Gad Elmaleh. Although her style is much more laidback than I aim for, her general demeanour and composure has an elegance that is to be emulated as much as possible! I myself aspire to be just as Frenchy-chic as she is!

I do adore her style, with laidback tailoring, she often wears silk blouses and relaxed slouch pants; it’s simple, easy, but brought to life with red lipstick and perfectly defined eyebrows. Here are some of my favourite snaps of this new-age Audrey Hepburn!






I love how easy her style is! She often uses shades of lipstick that do darken and define her lips, however don't overpower her skin tone - I think I'll be looking for some mid-shades of lippy that I can      wear during the day


Her evening looks are relaxed, yet still formal and elegant - this is where the red lipstick comes out. Keeping it simple seems to be her style code - it's a lesson we should all learn! 

Want to get Tautou's look? Here's what I'd suggest...

DAYTIME: OUTFIT ONE


THE TOP: As I work at Saba,  I'm most familiar with the pieces from our current collection - the 'Fitted Stretch Shirt' ($129.00 AUD) is perfect for achieving Audrey's look as it has a low set collar and no buttons (zip down the side) - available at saba.com.au

THE PANTS: Haute Hippie "Pleated Silk Pant" - saksfifthavenue.com

THE SHOES: Peeptoe "Munroe" Shoes in Patent Black - Currently on sale - peeptoeshoes.com.au

DAYTIME: OUTFIT TWO


THE TOP: Saba "Noelle" Top - $189.00 AUD - saba.com.au

THE PANTS: Also Saba - "Akira" pant - $229.00 AUD - saba.com.au

THE SHOES: Nine West "Quinty" Shoe in Patent Nude - $139.95 - ninewest.com.au

DAYTIME: MAKEUP

Keep it simple with a coloured, but basic lipstick and a nude eyeshadow palette + mascara of course!


Rouge Nude Dior Lipstick in "Twill" - myer.com.au

Napoleon Perdis "Ultimate Nude Palette" - $79.00 AUD - napoleonperdis.com.au


NIGHTTIME: OUTFIT ONE


This look is very similar to looks seen in Hors de Prix, a little more glamourous than Audrey's usual red carpet style, but is very frenchy-chic anyway! 

THE DRESS: Asos "Oh My Love Bodycon Dress with Sweetheard Neckline" -  $63.52 AUD - asos.com/au

THE SHOES: Michael by Michael Kors "Michela Patent Leather Sandals" - $178.87 AUD - saksfifthavenue.com

NIGHTTIME: OUTFIT TWO


THE DRESS:  Kirrily Johnston "Babylonia Drape Dress" - $620.00 AUD - greenwithenvy.com.au

THE SHOES: Giorgio Armani "Geometric Strappy Sandal" - farfetch.com

NIGHTTIME: MAKEUP



EYES: Chanel "Les 4 Ombres" - 93 Smoky Eyes [Take it easy with the shadow, the lips should be the feature]

LIPS: Chanel Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in 104 "Passion"












No comments:

Post a Comment